FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Catherine Smith, 202.962.3632
October 4, 2012 [email protected]
SEGUIN, TEXAS: A PARTNERSHIP FOR SUCCESS
New video explains how local government works.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — A new video released by ICMA, the International City/County Management Association, explains the important role of City Manager Doug Faseler in working with Seguin’s elected officials, business community, and residents in making Seguin a place they’re proud to call home.
In addition to Faseler, “Seguin, TX – A Partnership for Success” features appearances by:
- City Secretary Thalia Stautzenberger
- Mayor Betty Ann Matties
- Darren Dunn, KWED Radio
- Former mayor Mark Stautzenberger
- Robin Dwyer, attorney
- Phil Seidenberger, CMC Steel
- Rudy Sauceda, Tyson Food
- Paul Castillo, League of United Latin American Citizens
They describe the symbiotic relationship between the city manager and elected officials, asserting that a professional city manager is like the CEO of a company. The video provides insight into in how Faseler manages the business of the government for Seguin. He
- brings integrity, management expertise, organization, stability, and professionalism to the city’s government
- helps the mayor and city council make their vision for the city a reality and accomplish their goals
- ensures that the mayor and city council have the accurate information they need to make good decisions for the residents of Seguin
- creates a business-friendly environment to attract and keep desirable companies in Seguin.
The video is a component of Life, Well Run, ICMA’s campaign to raise awareness of the contributions professional local government managers make to cities, towns, and counties across the United States, building communities we’re proud to call home.
In August, ICMA released “Why is Seguin, TX, Proud?“, which featured civic and community leaders discussing how having a city manager contributes to quality of life in the city.
Seguin is one of five pilot communities across the country to be showcased by ICMA in the Life, Well Run campaign.
ICMA, the International City/County Management Association, advances professional local government worldwide. The organization’s mission is to create excellence in local governance by developing and fostering professional management to build sustainable communities that improve people’s lives. ICMA provides member support; publications; data and information; peer and results-oriented assistance; and training and professional development to 9,000 city, town, and county managers and other individuals and organizations throughout the world. The management decisions made by ICMA’s members affect millions of individuals living in thousands of communities, from small villages and towns to large metropolitan areas.