Annual Photo Contest calls on Next Gen Leaders to Show and Tell Their Stories of Local Government in Action!
Local government provides countless benefits for the communities they serve – but we don’t have to tell YOU that! If you’re enrolled in, or have recently graduated from, a program focusing on areas of public service, administration or policy – you already know that local government is kind of a big deal. That’s why ICMA’s Life, Well Run campaign is bringing back our local government photo contest and inviting you to Show Us Your Story.
Submit your photos demonstrating how professional local government impacts your community in a positive way and you can win FREE registration to ICMA’s 103rd Annual Conference in San Antonio October 22-25, 2017! Photos will be displayed at the conference for local governments, businesses, and NGOs from around the world!
1st Place Prize: $1,500 travel stipend, free conference registration
2nd Place Prize: $900 travel stipend, free conference registration
3rd Place Prize: $600 travel stipend, free conference registration
Who can Enter:
This awesome opportunity is open to any graduate or undergraduate student currently enrolled, or having recently graduated from their university (Class of 2016/2017). Preference will be given to individuals who have achieved, or are pursuing, degrees in public administration, service or policy.
What We’re Looking For:
Show us what inspires you about local government – there is no limit to the number of entries! Photos should depict one or more of the following:
- Professional local government administrator or staff in action
- A process or program that makes the community better
- A community leader who helps to promote efficient, effective, and ethical local government.
Submissions should also include:
- Photo Credit: Photos must include the name of the photographer, college/ university affiliation and degree program, date of graduation (actual or expected), and the local government represented.
- Caption: Photos must have a caption (Max. 200 words) describing the following elements:
- Where and when the photo was taken
- Who is depicted in the photo
- What is depicted in the photo
- How this demonstrates the positive impact of professional local government leadership.
The deadline for this contest is September 1, 2017.
Winners will be announced by September 15, 2017.
- High-resolution:Photos must be high-res (roughly 1024 pixels or 300 pixels per inch), at least 1 MB but no greater than 25MB.
- JPG, JPEG:Photos must be high quality JPG or JPEG files.
Submissions MUST include all required information to be considered. By submitting a photograph to this competition you:
- Declare you own the copyright of the photograph and it’s your original work.
- Declare you have permission to use the image of any identifiable individual in the photograph.
- Declare ICMA is not responsible for the infringement of any third party rights.
- Grant reproduction rights to ICMA for use in print or online materials (photographs will be credited where appropriate).
Questions? Contact: [email protected]